We have been having storms most afternoons into the evenings here lately. Which cools things off considerably. So I have been taking advantage of that and working on another quilt top!
The majority of the fabric used in this one is from some fabrics that came from my mom's stash. If you remember,I had raided her stash a couple years ago,and then made her this Quilt from her own fabrics. I have no idea how long these have been in her stash,but my feeling is at least the nineties for the strips and,the little squares are much older.(I am thinking 60's or maybe 70's)
They have been in my stash for the last two and a half years. Recently I found a couple prints on a clearance rack at a quilt shop in the next town over.
I also found this book on sale! After looking at the fabric requirements I decided that with the two sale prints there would be enough to make this quilt. Although the larger squares in the book are charms and mine are only four inch squares. So I decided to skip the charms and just frame my squares to make them appear to be charms.
I used Steam-A-Seam2 lite to fuse the squares to the quilt top. Sunday I went to the LQS to see if they had anything to use for the vertical strips and the frames. The arrow in the photo is pointing to the color I was trying to accent or bring out. I came pretty close!
This quilt is called Dancing Squares,(mine is called Half Vintage Modern). I plan on mixing up the quilting on this one. Meaning that I will be doing some machine quilting and then also some hand quilting or tying with embroidery floss.