Here is the proof...
Around the beginning of the year Jolene asked me to make her some little baskets to use in a game she plays with her dog. My first thought was to use some of my stash of blue jean scraps,but I didn't have enough pieces large enough. So after rummaging through my stash some more I found the navy with stripes piece.(there was just enough)
I am sure she will find a use for this one as well.
All of the drawstring bags I have seen online are made without any interfacing,and the first one I made,the little elephant bag on the right is too. After making it I decided that they needed a lightweight interfacing.
Can you tell the difference? I plan to sell these at craft fairs this summer,and think that the ones with the interfacing just make a much better presentation. As the one without just looks really slouchy.
These are a great way for me to use up the novelty prints that have been in my stash for a long time.
These are also a great way to use up some larger scraps,not to mention a partial package of cotton rope.
The last one for this round of sewing...
Last summer one of my customers suggested that I might want to think about making/selling curling/flat iron cozy's. So after two previous attempts..third time charm! There is insulbright inside,so you can stash and go. Great for when traveling,or if you have little ones running around.
Another item that I plan on selling this summer is bowl covers. This was my first attempt,I still need to work out a thing or two,but I am liking it. I also cut fabrics to make some tea wallets but ran out of time to sew any of them up...