Of course it rained yesterday...but Mr. P. grilled anyway,I know he is a keeper!
- 3 Tablespoons finely chopped sun dried tomatoes (rehydrated in hot water or,packed in oil)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup zucchini,cut into thin strips
- 2 6-8 oz salmon fillets
- 2 fire & flavor cedar papers(pre-soak in warm water for 10 minutes)
- fresh basil for garnish (optional)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
These are the papers used for wrapping and grilling your salmon/veggies in,and is also where the recipe came from.
First: Combine tomatoes,olives,garlic,oil,and thyme in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
Next: Preheat grill or grill pan to medium high heat (about 400 degrees). Place one fillet in center of each grilling paper,spoon tomato mixture directly on top of fish,and arrange zucchini strips on top. Fold edges of papers over the fillets and secure with string. Place packets on grill and cook 4-5 minutes per side,depending on thickness of fish.
Last: Using tongs,remove salmon from grill and serve with fresh basil as a garnish.
I chose to steam up some fresh green beans on the grill (in a foil pack with butter and seasonings) to go with the salmon. Serves 2